Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wonder Woman will sew 21 Duckies

Armed with a sewing machine, DIY Wonder Woman outfit, vintage and recycled materials I, Wonder Woman will sew a duck softie each day for 21 days during The 21 Challenge

The 21st of June is the longest night in the Southern Hemisphere and being winter it's even more difficult for homeless young Australians. The 21 Challenge is my chance to do something for 21 days to raise money for at-risk and homeless young people.

After our own experience with homelessness we are passionate about helping others affected in anyway we can. We are all brothers and sisters after all. Not only will I be raising money but I will also have 21 ducks who will need 21 pairs of arms to snuggle them.


You can pledge an amount big or small on my profile page where I will be up loading photos daily of the completed ducks. If you truly enjoy what I am creating I hope I can count on your support.

At the end of the challenge each duck will be given to a child experiencing homelessness on behalf of our not for profit organisation The TreeHouse

Funnily enough the first 4 ducks hot of the press will be heading with me to the Sydney Homeless Connect on Tuesday. I have volunteered my time to be a chaperone for the day. I will also be looking for 4 children in need of a new snuggle toy. 

I have added an album on my Over It! facebook page which will also show you all the photos over the next 21 days so check it out right HERE. I am also on instagram just search @overitdesigns too!!

Moo, Bear and Bubble (plus Carlos of course) think it's pretty fun when their mummy dresses up so I am more than happy to add an element which will make them happy every single day guaranteed.

4 comments:

  1. WOW that's a fantastic idea Steph!!!!! :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, you are truly a WONDER WOMAN!!! I'll have to remember how to get on fb for this!! ;P xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete