Saturday, April 16, 2011

New Craft Space With View...

I have never had issues starting a new blog post but I guess that's what happens when you don't do it for over a month. I want to share so much and then there is stuff I would rather just put behind us...
So I thought why not just show you my new 'studio space with a view' and no doubt by the end of the post I wont be able to stope typing.

My father in law insisted on taking Veronica (my sewing machine) back to his place rather than let it go to storage with ALL the rest of our belongings. I am so glad he insisted because Veronica would have gone just as stir crazy without me!!

I picked the desk up from a treasure shop for $20 literally. I had to carry that thing home and that involved a train ride to the city and a very steep walk up a hill with 2 very tired and cranky kids. Luckily it collapses so Moo carried the table top and I carried the rest.

I actually got in trouble after for not calling local friends so they could help at the time but I just wanted to get it home and set it up. I mean really it's only a desk right?!

The little window sill needed something so I started with a jar of cottons which Helen from The Wacky Wardrobe gave to me... AND if you look to the right of the photo you can see CentrePoint Tower. It's a lot bigger than that from where I sit though.

How freakin' awesome is that!?!
Uh huh... I know CRAZY!

Here you can see my work area, with my desk, sewing machine and chair. In the middle you have our TV and below it our 'entertainment unit' and 'dvd player'. On the right is our round dining table with 4 chairs and then the kitchen runs along the wall to our front door

I will tell it to you straight.

Team MooBear are living in a small 2 bedroom apartment and our living area is only slightly bigger than our bedroom back on the Central Coast. We have managed to simplify to the extremes and make the most of everything we have around us... Each Other!

We are really grateful for where we have ended up and for what we have. This is the perfect stepping stone to get us back on our feet and stable again.

This would not have been possible if it weren't for people and charities that hold there hand out to help families in crisis. Once we are back on our feet and are settled in our own place we will be returning the favour ten fold and will continue to be the voice for those who can't or wont be heard.

Just a few things to keep me going.

Peppermint Magazine (thanks baby you know how much I love my Peppermint!!) Warm Fuzzies felting book to go with my new felting kit which Jazzy put together and bought down for me. I even made her a felt rose but sshh don't tell her it's a surprise birthday present...hehe. There is a library book which has some hand quilting projects and some material I picked up up from a treasure shop for $2.

AND scissors!! You just can't craft with out scissors.

Oh I managed to pick up some op shop zippers and made a curtain holder 'thingy majig'

This is a close up of my first hand felted creation. It is going straight to Jazzy because I think she is one awesome woman and I wouldn't have been able to craft without her kit... I wouldn't be able to do a lot of things without her. She is currently minding Dory our cat which is a massive ask and it's great to know she is safe and loved.

Hopefully I can blog a little more than once a month but if I can't you know it's because my family comes first at this stage in our life.

Happy creating people and thank you for all your love and support. If I haven't responded to your comments or emails it's because it became too overwhelming and I stopped but I will this time!! Promise...

I told you I wouldn't be able to stop typing...lol...

10 comments:

  1. Good luck to you Steph, you are one strong, amazing lady, with a wonderful family. Your zipper curtain flowers are amazing by the way x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, you are such an inspiration - even in the midst of your turmoil you still hold a hand out to help others, I wish I could be even half as generous as you.

    Your view is amazing, your journey fantastic, your kids - SO lucky to have a mum like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have you back in the land of BLOG, and the land of OUR SCHOOL and local..ish. We missed you being away physically and cyberly.
    Glad to see you crafting!
    Ally <'v'>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww so glad to see that crafting is back... and how Mary Poppins is that view! Take care xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best to you and your family. Glad to hear that things are beginning to look up for you. I love your crafting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. good on you Steph, so glad you seem to be nice and settled. All the best and a bright positive outlook for the future! Sometimes we just have to make the best of what we have, but it makes us stronger! Make the most of being close to the city too!!
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you found a space to call your own, and what a great space it is! Hoping you guys are doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm not expecting you to respond but i just wanted to say good luck. i'm glad you've found something for the time being anyway.
    and Marimekko fabric fro 2 bucks - you lucky duck!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steph, so happy that things are starting to settle down for you. Happy crafting in your lovely space.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending you lots of love Steph. Love the fabric and your studio with a view. Hope Veronica gets a good work out soon x

    ReplyDelete