Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sometimes, the stars just don't align...


This blog post is my vent to the universe...

I am always a happy person. Everyone who knows me will tell you I am. I surround myself with happiness. With the things and people I love.

Sometimes though the stars just don't quite align...

My Alice in Wonderland inspired party was suppose to be a celebration of love and womanhood to share with my friends and the people I rely on. It was my first ever child free event and I had the whole event planned and played out in my mind.

Unfortunately, the months of preparation, donations of decorations, the amount of food and alcohol went to waste...

Because there was no-one here to enjoy it.

I completely understand that things happen in other peoples lives which they cannot ignore. It doesn't change the fact that I hurt and am so sad.

I'll leave you with some of the photos from the preparations of the evening to enjoy.

My Alice in Wonderland book from 1981 and my personalised birthday badge by GemmaJoy in the Alice theme.

Carlos had the bar set up in the studio to serve cocktails of every kind. Bar fridge, drinks, glasses, blender, salt and sugar.

Lovely bunting donated by Rachelle after her daughters 1st Birthday Tea Party. Rachelle even printed out my name and 30th to replace her daughters.

Thanks Hun!

A quick garage sale visit in the morning for Bear and I. We bought the last item on our cocktail list for $5. Very cool and very retro glass blender.

A very special puzzle book with beautiful illustrations Carlos picked up for Moo back when she was a baby from a treasure shop.

View from the studio outside.

Doily bunting and table set up along with a mannequin dressed in a black 'Alice' t-shirt wearing my brand new reclaimed satchel by Little Wise Owl.

I was sharing some lovely refashioned items on my facebook page which I was looking at buying myself for my birthday. Rebekah and Jazzy snapped the satchel up before I had time to buy it only I didn't know until I received it on Friday. Yes I cried when the postie handed the parcel to me...

Carlos made Brenda and I frozen strawberry margaritas.

Brenda called around earlier in the day with her family to finish of my cake she made and to spend some quality time with me. I have a few new personalised Gemmajoy brooches to add to my collection including a sewing machine... I love it so much girls!!

The cake Brenda made just for me *tear* Brenda girl I miss you so much!

She even made 'eat me' cookies... how sweet is she?!

So I leave this blog post in tears because I am so grateful for what I have. Carlos I love you and you truly are my lighthouse. Thank you for making everything better and not calling me a sooky baby...

Right now I could do with a hug...

20 comments:

  1. oooooooooooooooooooooooooohh HUN!!! I'm going go visit you tomorrow to give you one big fat massive HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (cry) I feel so bad now and it all look bloody gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no steph. It looked so gorgeous! I wish you lived closer so I could give you a big hug.
    How awesome about the bag though!!!!!
    Brenda asked me months ago to make something special for your 30th. It was made at the same time i made your brooch.
    I think you should get the kids, put some music on, make some cocktails (mocktails for the kids), dress up and have a family 30th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babe, I know that no amount of cakes or cookies could have made up for not being able to give you the best birthday ever. I'm sorry that you are sad. I wish I could take it all away for you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is so sad! If I lived anywhere near you I would have been there with bells on. I hope you managed to have a lovely birthday regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BIG HUGS!!! What an amazing looking party! I suspect that there are lots of people in blogland wishing that they could have been there. Hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your birthday with your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - that party looked like it would have been fab. I really want to have an Alice Themed party - so sorry it all went to waste - your friends missed out . Hugs xo.
    I have that same Alice book pictured with your marguritas

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! I awoke this morning and I was thinking of you.... and all I could was... I wish I had gotten on a plane and come down - every fibre in my being was aching and I KNEW I wasn't able, but in spirit I was there and I was so sure it was beautiful and wonderfful and perfect! I'm soooo sorry! My heart breaks for you! I wish I could somehow fix it.... :(((

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm all teary too. So SORRY that your day turned out this way. If I lived closer, I would pop over right now and have a drink with you too. Yes, do appreciate your gorgeous and loving little family. Hugs and kisses to you Steph and many happy returns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I was invited I soooooo would have come, ofcause I would have not had alchol and may have had to bring the kids but would have come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steph I am so sorry. It all looked so beautiful.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww Steph that is sad =( Sending you a happy birthday hug x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now if you had invited us Spring Fair girls, well Jackie and I would have been there to give you lots of birthday hugs and to drink your fabulous cocktails!!!!

    Happy Birthday Steph and thanks so much for moving here and getting into the spirit of our community. Jackie and I can't thank you and Carlos enough for your help with the Fair.

    xo
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love you Steph! Happy birthday beautiful girl.
    Ally <'v'>

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog.

    I appreciate your generosity in sharing your ideas and enthusiasm and love for your family and you business.
    Your joy and love has been spread and much appreciated by lots of people like myself.
    THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  15. BIG Hugs from one Stephanie to another.

    This post made me feel very sad :-(

    At the end of the day it's always my partner and daughter who are there for me.

    Carlos sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry hun! That totally sucks, I know what it is like to have suck-y bdays. It always seems that January is the perfect time for our BIG boys to have DRAMA and I am always overlooked...but I would be soooo upset to go through all of the trouble of such AWESOME preparation and decorating and have it fall through...that is just plain awful!! BUT, you are THIRTY now...time to put on your big girl panties and get over it!! HA! I LOVE YOU!! COME TO LOUISIANA USA and we will party however long you like!! Happy Birthday!! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Steph, I'm so sorry it was such a sad time. Not how it should have been at all. Go ahead and have as many good cries as you need. I know you'll be back to your cheerful self when you're ready. :) Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to hear you are so sad Saffie.
    I love you, Jenny xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  19. A comment back,

    No I didn't tell anyone. lol. Sapose I should have.

    ReplyDelete