Saturday, July 24, 2010

Knitting For Charity..

This morning Moo and I walked up to Spotlight to join in the Knitting Party. We were the youngest girls to help out and drew a bit of a crowd!!

We chatted about crazy beanie designs with our fellow fellow knitters.

We laughed about the tea cosie phenomenon sweeping through the Central Coast.

I bugged Moo while she tried to concentrate... Do you like her headband? It's a GemmaJoy original.

In the end we knitted a square between us which was made with love and happy thoughts. This square will be added to others to make someone we will never meet happy and warm.

Something which we helped to create from our hearts!

9 comments:

  1. What a special way to spend the morning with your girl. Lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for you two! What a great thing to do.
    We headed into Ballarat to join in the fun this morning, but the knitting table was full of very fast knitting, somewhat older women and I might have tried to elbow my way in but for a screaming and very embarrasing toddler. Next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that's beautiful, nothing more rewarding than spending some quality time together. Well done girls!!! And I'm sure the person who receives that square along with the others will be ever so greatful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day out! I saw it advertised but didn't end up venturing out today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you two! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must have been all over Australia, as we had it here too. I was away for the weekend in tranquil Denmark, doing my own little bit of crochet. It looks like you had lots of fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun way to spend some time together. Don't you two look cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK...I thought I commented on this post...man am I BEHIND!!! I LOVE that Moo knits with you...how WONDERFULLY bonding is that??!!! What a sweet relationship you guys have...love it!!

    ReplyDelete