Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Creative Space...New Over It! Design

Firstly I have to thank everyone (22 of you) who came past my blog last week shared a cup of coffee/hot chocolate/tea/water with me. I thoroughly enjoyed all your comments and was more than happy to pull out the secret stash of Fair Trade chocolate well into the evening for the late arrivals. I needed cheering up that day.

I just needed a friend out there who wanted to sit and chat and you all stepped up to the plate. I got far more than I expected and am feeling very inspired and supported thanks to blog land!!

So this week I have been super busy crafting in My Creative Space which is also Carlos study space now.

I have made 2 pyjamas pants, MooBear orders, Over It! hair accessories and Bubble Bee outfit but I still had something niggling at the back of my brain.

I have had this idea in my head for a while and have been waiting for the opportunity to make it come to life. I have to plan around Carlos' study times which is about 3 days a week full time. So if I get a really good idea I have to stay focused so I can follow it through in 3 days hehe.

Introducing the new smaller hand size clutch/purse (I can't decide) design for Over It!
This is the first prototype and so far I am pretty happy with the outcome.

Something a little more feminine with a little touch of class... don't you think?!
I have used recycled denim pants for the outer fabric.

My collection of small hexagons using Em's fabric scraps she sent me are put to work.

Lined with fabric off cuts.

One rescued black button with personality.

And for some reason this is where my collection of small hexagons are hiding out. Why on Earth they are on top of the clothes line is beyond me.

Check out more creative spaces at Kirsty's place.

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful.........Ideal for the busy professional to carry her papers, new hand brief case, looks A4 size..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good, amazing what you can create with a little fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it..The hexagons are a perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Very odd place indeed for a jar of hexagon fabric scraps but they do look very beautiful. Love the clutch. And recycled is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Steph! I love the hexagons. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! my craft supplies seem to end up all over the place too! Especially when I'm trying to find an uncluttered background for a photo. I like the hexagon detail on the little clutch, a little crafty, a little classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a classy little clutch! All that coffee and hot choc last week really did stimulate your creativeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I *love* those little hexagons. They're the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet little cherry fabric. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the creativity that's happened this week. Don't hexagons just suit anything and everything? Even a clothesline! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it Steph. Can I buy one?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the hexagons are there use on the clutch. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! The hexagons add a great touch and the blue/aqua interior is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete