Lets talk about washing!!!
I haven't enjoyed doing the washing as much as I do in our new house. Let me share with you why that is.
This is our old place in Summer Hill. The photo is taken on our back step down the back of our house... In the 'backyard'
What makes for a bad washing experience??
- Washing had to be done every morning before the sun disappeared.
- The square line would hold one load.
- The two lines we put up would hold another load or the bedding.
- Not all the washing would be dry by the afternoon.
- No grass for kids to join me outside.
It was just horrible and would take so much organising if I wanted it dry by the afternoon. Heaven forbid I missed a load as it would build up and mean more work or having to use the dryer...
This is our new place on the Central Coast. The photo is taken on our back steps down the back of our house... In the 'backyard'
What makes for a wonderful washing experience?
- Doing 4 load in one day every 4 days.
- Having full sun all day everyday.
- Having grass for the kids to play and help me do the washing.
- Clothes dry by the afternoon.
I think never having a hills hoist and adequate drying space has made me appreciate washing day just that much more. It's not a chore so much. It's often a family activity as the kids all come outside and enjoy each other and their space.
Speaking of which I need to go take the washing off the line!!