Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Junk Lovin... Watch Out!!

If I saw this ladies watch in a treasure shop I probably wouldn't look twice.
This, however is not a treasure shop watch. I use to play with this watch when i was a little girl. I would try on all my Mother's (Grandmother's) trinkets and treasures with so much pleasure. Sitting in front of her dresser on her make up chair with rings, brooches and scarves.

When she passed away she left me a few pieces of jewellery which I use to play with. They will always remain special and close to my heart. I believe this piece use to belong to her Mother who is my Great-grandmother. I am not sure how she acquired it.
Maybe I should ask.

I am not sure if it works.
Maybe it just needs a battery replaced? In the mean time I still wear my watch.

Moo, Bear and Bubble are, on special occasions aloud to 'play' with them...

For more junk lovers I would quickly head over here to the home of junk loving.

3 comments:

  1. It is so lovely to have items around you that spark memories of your childhood. That is a super cute watch - does it still work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe it when my Dad asked we four kids, who would like to have Nana's lolly tin after she died. Are you serious? I WOULD. My siblings couldn't have cared less and didn't bat an eyelid. But that lolly tin represents every visit to Nana and Pa's (we were allowed to have two!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats special, imagine if it keeps getting passed down through your family, what a great keepsake

    ReplyDelete