Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Recipe Tag... Chicken Soup.

Firstly, I need to apologise to Ally for taking a WHOLE MONTH to post my recipe. I had all the best intentions to blog this back when I was tagged but then everything got lost and misplaced in my mind and before I knew it I had forgotten all about it.
Thank You for being patient and wonderful.

Ally was after some recipe inspirations so has put the call out for all recipes that we know off the top of our heads.

So here it is...

Our easy peasy recipe which requires no written recipe

...CARLOS' FAMOUS CHICKEN SOUP...

Ally implied that I was able to hide vegies really well in her post.
In actual fact most of you should know I don't cook. I prepare and Carlos is the master chef in our house. He hides vegies in plain sight so the kids are used to seeing vegies. They are encouraged to try them at least. I am happy to announce that all 3 MooBear's eat their vegies happily without too much fuss!!

So what goes into our chicken soup.

2 carrots sliced
2 celery sticks sliced
2 potatoes peeled and cut
1 onion quartered
2 tomatoes quartered
1 parsnip cut
1 other vegetable I can't remember the name of... lol ... I remember.. It's a turnip also cut.
chopped garlic and chopped ginger
salt and pepper
massel's vegie stock cube
Oh, of course chicken drumsticks. We use 12.
Lastly... LOVE...

Method...

1. Boil chicken drumsticks, onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, vegie stock cube, salt and pepper in a pot of water until the chicken is cooked.
2. Remove drumsticks and add the vegies to the pot.
3. Take the chicken off the bone and place the meat back in the pot.
4. Leave to boil until the carrots are super soft.

That's it!!

We had chicken soup last night as it was a little chilly and we were all a little sniffly. The key to our medicinal chicken soup is ginger and garlic mixed in with the right amount of love.

So I need to tag some friends out there in blog land. I am going to choose some people I haven't tag in a meme before...

1. Em

Girls I have chosen you because you all inspire my creative mind and I know you can all sew... But I wander if you all can cook?! Hmmm??

Don't forget to link back to Ally's post where this all started. I can't wait to see what you like to eat in your homes.

5 comments:

  1. I am but a very, VERY humble cook. I have only just started 'experimenting' with my cooking as my confidence is growing. Luckily baby number four eats just about ANYTHING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tag, can I cook? sure I can! however I must say I have a very easy to please family so that makes me a pretty good cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so totally yummy!
    I'm trying it!
    Thanks for posting it .... and don't even think about the taking a month thing.... all's cool!
    Will miss you tomorrow. Ally <'v'>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bought all the ingredients for this soup - can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have TONS of recipes to share!! Sorry I have been soooo absent..lots going on!! But like you, I prefer to "prepare" and get out of the way for my awesome man...he LOVES to cook and is REALLY good at it!! :D I'll post something soon, thanks for thinking of me!! xo

    ReplyDelete