Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Creative Space...

Wow... I can finally breath and not have to worry about Bear's Ben 10 Party. The cake was a success, the games were enjoyed and best of all it was an extremely memorable event.
You can check out some of the photos of the day here.

Today Carlos is waiting for his Mac Pro to arrive after it was serviced in Sydney. So right now he is busy working on some music in our studio and having a mad tidy up session which I am happy to avoid. The other reason for the tidy up down there is he is returning to Uni.
How exciting is that?

He will be studying his Bachelor of Arts. Now that he is returning to Uni it makes me want to go back and study a Bachelor of Arts too. I think I will wait it out a little longer though. I have enough on my plate Don't you think?!

What about my creative space you say?
I thought I would choose a pattern from the collection bellow and see what happens.

The only problem is I need fabric.

WHAT?

The only fabric I have is scraps, off cuts and clothes ready to be cut up. I don't have meters of fabric to choose from like some. So I thought long and hard over a cup of coffee and have decided to pop down to my local treasure shop and find some bed sheets to make my project with.

I am leaning towards the Sew and Go pattern as it's super easy, quick and I can have an end product with in a day (if it all goes to plan although it most likely wont).

My treasure shop has plenty of bedding to choose from it's just a matter of narrowing down to one particular print. I am not a very floral person so I'll be steering well away from that.

I am going to get the kids ready to go on a treasure hunt in the treasure shop.

For more creative spaces call past Kootoyoo for a mass collection of creativeness.

14 comments:

  1. Ah, what a great day - shopping AND sewing.. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is going to look darling made out of a sheet. The one on the pattern cover sort of looks like it has been too, and it would be so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A trip to the treasure shop sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so freaky ...i was just about to say do the pattern you picked. so cute, and made out of a sheet ... sounds good to me. i have some great sheets i've picked up from oppies. happy sewing.
    My Creative Space

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun shopping at the treasure shop. I like the look of that pattern - what sensational sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Op-shops will hence forth be called 'treasure shops' in this family. What a lovely idea. Hope you have fun and find just the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay, how cute is that dress. good luck fabric hunting. i once made a dress out of an old doona cover with birds and bamboo on it, but when i finished it i realised the old sizes don't match the new ones and it was WAY too big! i wish you better luck x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pull-over dress will be perfect for the winter with some leggings- stylish and cosy! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun and a Happy Easter too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that pattern. Can't wait to see the finished dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, that's a gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's going to be one gorgeous dress! Looking forward to seeing it coming together. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Creative Spacing a little late.... Bed sheets are a great idea. I sadly cannot find good ones in my area, but I'm hopeful that some day I'll hit gold. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the dress! Can't wait to see the fabric you find!

    ReplyDelete