Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Creative Space...

My creative space has been inspired by the beautiful Isis.
She is calling on tea drinkers to contribute to a zine about Tea. I thought yep, I can switch from coffee to tea, get involved and have a bit of fun in the process.

If you think you have have something to offer you should definitely head over to her blog and contact her.

I needed to get into the right frame of mind. A quick trip to the treasure shop for a closer look at some tea sets had me along the right path of thinking. Have you looked at the detail of some of these tea cups??
...WOW...

They are so fragile and delicate. It felt so regal to hold one in your fingers.

While I was looking around I found two little egg cups and just had to buy them. For 10c each I couldn't say no. Someone out there handmade them and I needed to show my appreciation.

For some reason I felt like knitting... just a little bit though.

For more creativeness head straight over here.

13 comments:

  1. You really did knit 'just a little bit'... how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea seems to be a key component to much creativity online doesn't it? I think I need a trip to my "treasure shop". It's been too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey your knitting needle is soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the egg cups. I forgot that one of the great things about knitting is that you can do a tiny bit at a time! I should really get something start without putting the pressure on to finish it right away. Thanks for the inspiration! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have knitted little scarves for softies like that before. Cute cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh Steph, I absolutely LOVE tea & beautifully delicate teacups!
    thanks for adding Isis's link, off to look now.

    have a happy thursday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so don't get the whole tea thing! Those tea cups are beautiful but give me a latte any day. LOVE the little bit of knitting. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little bit of knitting...!

    Thanks for pointing me towards Isis's tea zine - I must have missed that post somehow.. but I am ALL OVER IT NOW. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That knitting is little and lovely! Thanks for the tip about the tea zine. Nic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great op finds! and I love the way your knitting looks with those fabulous needles! :) K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tee hee. Not because I'm obsessed with scarf knitting or anything, but I'm convinced that could turn into something to keep an egg’s neck warm. I know I'm right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES I have looked at the details to some teacups....they are so so beautiful. If I had the space and the money, I'd love to collect them : )

    ReplyDelete