Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Creative Space...

I am happy to announce that My Creative Space is back in full swing in my new studio. This week has been particularly crafty for me and I feel more alive and have been attempting projects I thought were way too hard for me. I can't wait to show you what I made for myself but it also means showing some flesh... hmmm. I think I might but not today hehe.

One of the things I did yesterday was visit our new local Treasure Shop in the hopes that they still had a bag of cotton stuffing I had seen earlier in the week.

NOPE...

... Instead I spend $2 on 10 craft magazines.
They haven't even been touched. I think I was more attracted to the glossy colour than the crafts themselves and I do like to sit a have lookie through magazines. Lets face it, sometimes the internet is a distracting vortex with time sucking properties.

I have also progressed to a level in my studio that I am happy to work with and around.

Projects that I have started and need to get finished are hung up so I can see them. The idea is that I don't start a new project until I have finished 2 that are hanging up. Then I replace the 2 that are hanging with the stash in the cupboard and continue. So far it's working out nicely.

A selection of coloured buttons which nearly went missing after Sarah visited. Gotta keep an eye on her now. Also my personally signed CD of the original Hi-5 gang. I think I was 18 when I first saw them...hahaha.

Crafty books with projects and inspirations galore.
So there you go... my little studio is cranking and my creative juices are flowing but if yours aren't quite there head over to Kootoyoo as I am sure something will inspire you there.

14 comments:

  1. You go, girl! I'm trying to get some organization going. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I like your method for getting wips finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, found your blog through kootoyoo creative spaces - yep I'm new to the blog world. And was happily reading about your great space when I spied your Bizness Babe list on the side. WOW!! I'm one too - through Kerry in Melb - LOVE IT!!! Great to find you!! All the best.
    Jenny from Ohjoh

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea with the 'to be finished rack' - I have a cupboard but it doesn't wave its finger at your like your rack - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so envious of the jars of colored buttons! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh, looks like you are well and trully settled in Steph. And you sound very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am envious of your tidyness.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rack idea is brilliant and that space of yours looks very inspiring indeed. I hope you pick up some cotton stuffing somewhere soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at all that fantastic space in your studio...envious here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks very industrious and organised

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh LOVE the studio space, especially the buttons in jars. Something about sorting buttons into colour groups just brings out the Virgo in me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow it's looking amazing, a very creative space :) (a little jealous....lol)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your studio is rockin Steph, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. soooo jealous of how NEAT and ORGANIZED it is!!! You are KILLING me with the NON-clutteredness!!! :D

    ReplyDelete