Monday, February 22, 2010

A Hat...


Sometimes I need to just be randomly creative for no real reason or purpose.
Sometimes I see something and I just have to make it.
Sometimes I watchThreadBanger. I came across this tutorial.
I happened to have everything it required and set to work.

- scrap fabric
- cereal box
- tape
- Bubble



The result is a little bit funny, silly, pointless and probably completely useless until I make myself one... But best of all I managed to make something with instant satisfaction.

Do you like Bubble's new skirt? $4 with matching polka dot bloomers. BARGAIN!

I also picked up a hat for myself finally. I have always wanted a massive brim hat and I picked this one up for $2. I have the front pinned back using 2 of Isis' badges which I won last month. It's ridiculously huge and I love it!!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Bubble looks so 'Melbourne Cup Day' Been Uncle Vinnie shopping myself today... must remember to post about it on Wednesday. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have awarded you a 'Sunshine Award' to accept the award for display on your blog check www.fairyfinesse.blogspot.com

    fairy wishes x
    Kerry
    ps as I was loading your blog my son was looking at your page and said your tshirts 'look really good' high praise from a six year old! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I thought of the Easter hats we made to wear as kids at school, what a great template to use and decorate with Easter treasures. Mine was always daggy but I would have loved the MELBOURNE CUP EASTER HAT look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please, you're killing me with preciousness :) That sentence did not make sense, but you get the gist, don't you? She wears that hat with such flair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The preciousness IS apparent!! She is getting sooo sassy! :D I've missed your whimsical!! I am hoping things will s-L-OOOOOOOw down enough to get back to creating and enjoying your lovliness!! I LOVE big floppy hats too!! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete