Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Creative Space...


I just jumped online while Carlos was getting a bit of gaming in and headed down my creative list of bloggers and suddenly I screamed a high pitched girly scream.

Carlos thought there was a huge spider or something terrifying in the kitchen and was armed with his thongs in hand. After I calmed down I quietly told him My Creative Space was back.

Yipee...

So lets see what I have been creating. Don't get excited it's nothing special...well actually it is.

So I still haven't been doing much sewing but my machine is set up and I did do a tiny bit of hand sewing especially for Moo. I made her a head band for her first day at a new school. To make it a little more special there was a little material left over and made Bubble one too.

I'll fill you in on Moo's day later as it needs a bit of time and I still need to dump the photo's to Carlos' computer... then choose the photo's I want... then email them to myself... then you get the drift. Hehe

I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to Em for de cluttering her space. She collected this basket full of fabric and sent it to me so I could use all her scraps. You know how much I love scraps?? So so so much. Plus seeing new colours and designs made me want to get back to creating so it was the kick in the pants I needed.

While we're talking about Em you should call past her madeit store. She has some really beautiful and inspiring works of art. My favourite piece is her Impression original oil painting. She uses sewing patterns as the background to her work and it just feels so raw and emotional. It would look grand in a sewing studio don't you think?



So there you go... 2 yoyo head bands made from scrap fabric and vintage buttons... What's going on in your Creative Space?

Head over to Kirsty's and let her know too!!

9 comments:

  1. So glad the scraps are coming in handy. As for my artwork, would you believe they are being posted off to Melbourne as we speak, to appear in a new art/craft gallery!!!! Few less items in the shop now, so I'll have to get painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like some great scraps! Sweet headbands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were so excited. The girls seem pretty pleased with your scrappy headbands. I'm pretty keen on anything made from scraps...good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls look soooo pretty!! I LOVE how something sooo simple can bring such beauty and joy!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I wish my daughter would wear a headband.

    ReplyDelete