Thursday, January 21, 2010

Little Boy Bear Sews...


Sounds like the name of a children's book...

Bear saw Moo sewing one morning and decided he wanted to sew as well. I am not one to stereotype what boys and girls should do so I showed him how to thread the needle and told him to go in and out of the holes in his pieces of fabric. He picked up the idea quickly and set to work.


The only problem he had was trying to rethread the needle... but who doesn't?!
He was using the pieces to a DIY kit to make your own bag. I think he did a great job and I am so proud of his efforts.

Have you been over to Isis' blog yet? I frequent there often as I took her pledge. She has wonderful links to ethically made clothing. My favourite so far are the ethical undies.

So Isis had a giveaway and I was lucky enough to win her wonderful handmade goodies. Woohoo... It's nice to receive something that is handmade, ethically made and eco friendly. Everything which I try to achieve with MooBear Designs.

Progress...

It looks like a whole heap of junk thrown together. Well it kinda is but it's getting much better. I have put up the hanging rod which I found in our back yard. I sanded it down and gave it a coat of vanish. It does the job for now.

Glass jars on the left of the shelf show off coloured buttons, craft in progress and Over It! jewellery. On the right there are DIY books, patterns and craft books...

2 comments:

  1. YAY for Bear!!! Who says boys don't sew?? He has an EXCELLENT example in his daddy!! Carlos kicked some sewing butt on those banners!! :D Your studio looks better than MINE!! And you are moving in and organizing and making PROGRESS!! I just push stuff to the side and watch it all pile up and fall deeper into my FUNK!!! UGH!! The sun has been shining and I am hopefully going to snap out of it SOON!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a man who can sew..... keep that boy at it!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete