Saturday, January 16, 2010

I'm Back...YAY.

WOW... is it really 16 days into the new year already? Well this is my first post for the year and I am sorry but there are no crafty photos to be found this time.
We came up and collected the keys to our new house on Friday and made the move this time last Saturday with the help of some really close friends and family.

The first thing to earn it's place in our new home was this special plant given to Bubble for her 1st birthday by Christine from our favourite treasure shop in Sydney.

This is the view from our back door to our studio space. I think we will be enjoying the BBQ a little more this year...South American style of course!!

Inside our studio.

Yep there is a bar and yep there are a few beers in there already. One must be prepared you see. The big wooden shelf I have claimed as my own. It's going to display lots of old and new goodies and very special things indeed. I will also be using the beams to create a hanging space for projects and refashionings along with MooBear ideas.

If you have some ideas on what else I can add or do to my space do share!!

While we were waiting to head home on the Friday Bear noticed we had mail in our letter box. This is something very new and exciting for him as we haven't had a letter box in over 2 years. It's the small things they have missed out on...

During the last couple of days of packing I went a little loca (crazy) and started writing messages on the boxes for Carlos' studio and the kids toys... I am proud to say we played soccer today in our back yard so I can tick that off the list.

Just when we thought we couldn't take any more excitement, my Dad bought the kids a pool for Christmas... Bear was in heaven but had to wait nearly 2 hours for the pool to fill.
5 more minutes Bear... just 5 more minutes... hahaha

So this is inside our studio. Carlos' studio space will be the the back left corner. My studio space will be to the bottom right of the photo with my desk floating in front of the big wooden shelves.

Here's a quick game. Start timing yourself and see how long it takes you to find Bubble. We lost her but she knew exactly where she was... little chicken!!

Just a little bit excited.

Our side fence and our neighbours wooden day bench.
I couldn't help myself and had to take a photo.

Can you see the creek?! That's right behind our studio. My brother in law says we have the Avatar Jungle for our back yard... I tell you what it sounds like it too!!

Just taking a leisurely stroll around the neighbourhood with my family. It really is a little bit awesome!!

I have so much to blog about and I am not sure where to really start. I have a few fan photo's from MooBear when I first started. There is an interview I did with the girls from The Oz Material Girls. When I am all set up again I promised the MooBear family that I would make them all something before I 'go back to work'.

So there you have it!!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the big move. I can't wait to see the studio once you have everything in it's place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it sounds strange, but I love moving house. There are so many possibilities and the unpacking process is a fabulous opportunity for a massive cleanout. Have fun settling into your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! looks like you've moved to a beautiful part of the world! and look at the size of your studio! pretty nice digs!!!!

    well done and hoep you settle in but looks like you're right at home already!

    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. check it out! a bar! cool...

    i see space for a veggie patch

    have fun, hope this new place works out great for you all

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! I MISSED you terribly!! I know...we always have FB...but it's just not the SAME!! :D SO SO SO HAPPY for you all!! Can't wait for you to get started!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green with envy but very happy for you! Keep your eye out for a parcel this week. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray!!! What a fabulous place!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! Welcome to CC, nice to know there's another sewer here, Really beautiful here, I know cos i live here! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at all that space!!! I can only imagine what incredible craftiness you're going to get up to in there. Congrats and fantastic to have you back in bloggy land. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, looks fabulous!
    Can I come and visit? Please! Really soon!
    I will even help with the setting studio up thing if you need it.
    Looks great. It will be like you are permanent holidays. A bit jealous actually!
    Ally <'v'>

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, it looks like "so far so good" for you guys and the new place Steph. I hope that you are all settling in well and slowly things are finding a place (including Bubble!). The new studio looks perfect. Here's to lots of happy family memories in your new home and lots of successful MooBear creaying in your new studio. xxx

    ReplyDelete