Sunday, January 31, 2010

Beautiful...

I don't receive awards too often. I am happy just to put my happenings out there for the world to read if they want to. One person who has read my blog for a while now is Lauranie and she always has something bubbly and fun to say on my comments. What makes this even more special is that she is all the over in America and I think we are pretty close blog wise and craftiness wise. Plus we email each other our family photos!! Isn't that so sweet?

Her creations are just above and beyond what I can do. So Thank You Lauranie you are so Beautiful!!

To accept this award I have to thank the person who gave it to me, which I did...paste the award on my blog and link back to the person who nominated you...check out Lauranie's blog here. Her blog name speaks to all of us crafters "This Is Sew My Life" I love it!! And lastly, tell 7 interesting things about myself, nominate 7 blogs for this award then link to them!!

I figured I could tell you a heap of things you don't know and make it fun at the same time. So let's see what we can find out...

1. I don't drive, don't want to, don't need to...
2. I have a tattoo of a dolphin with a celtic spiral tail (a picture would be better here) on my lower back which is purple and blue. It has a special meaning to me and I already have my next tattoo planned.
3. My best Treasure Shop find was Carlos, my husband. He use to work down the road in my local treasure shop. Isn't that just priceless... it far out weighs any treasures I have bought since.
4. Carlos was born in Ecuador and I am adamant that we go there to live for a little while... or maybe more. What's stopping us? We keep having a baby every time we are serious about it!!
5. I don't cook. I can't cook. I am really bad at it!! Carlos cooks all our meals and they are all so yummy. We enjoy South American, Thai, Italian, Chinese, Aussie... the list is endless and he has never cooked a bad meal.
6. I only ever see the good in people. Which often leads me to a broken heart. But the people who are good I hold tightly and never let go.
7. I can tie a wicked reef knot.

I am not that boring... Hahaha.

So lets see who I can linky love too. This is hard.

Ally ... because she makes wonderful up cycled mens tie creations plus ahe and I are on the same page, just on different planets.
Em ... Truly inspirational woman. In both craft, life and art. I have followed her blog the longest I think.
Sophie ... because she tells it how it is and is great at what she does. Plus I want her to invite me over so I can have a coffee from her new coffee machine.
Stacey ... All the way over in America too. Stacey has the vintage pattern bug and I love seeing her patterns.
Cam ... I didn't think a tea towel could look so funky. Cam has helped me out in so many ways!!
Korrine ... You inspire me to be a better Mother!!
Nikki ... I know you have an award free blog but I want you to know you make me want to do the best I can in all my craft and you remind me about my teacher days and how to implement them at home which is something I forget I can actually do.

I know some blogs are award free but I wanted you guys to know that I appreciate you blogging and inspiring me though the world wide web!!

8 comments:

  1. Awww thanks Steph, you're too sweet!
    I love that you met Carlos in a treasure shop... I'd better start searching for man treasure when I go shopping hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steph.... you inspire me too! I love your spirit and the amazing passion and time you put into Moo Bear and your gorgeous family. You have such a beautiful uniqueness to you that is so rare. And I love that you see the good in people it makes you who you are -xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  3. you met carlos at the op shop - that's awesome

    and you don't drive?! me neither!!!!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why blogging is so great... you make friends with people who you would never have met, yet obviously connect with.

    It was great to get to know you a little better. No driving....really? Wow. And yes, finding Carlos set a very high standard for future Op Shop finds!

    Thankyou so much for the incredibly sweet things you said to me Steph. You are lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You truly have yourself a TREASURE!!! My husband is also an EXCELLENT supper maker!! :D He has been wondering here lately why he has been cooking more...hmmmm? :D
    I am the same way Steph!! I think that is why I am a "lurker". I tend to hang around blogs "getting to know" ppl before deciding to take that plunge and commenting...thanks for reponding and being my friend. And thanks for all of the SWEET things you said about me! BIG XXXXs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the nomination Steph! Through your blog I am always inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You absolutely deserve that award! You work so hard and relentlessly, and you stay true to your beliefs, and you are bringing your kids up to be responsible loving people, you are an amazing woman Steph!! Thank you for thinking of me.

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Steph, Thank you so much!
    'One the same page but from different planets!' We may need a different planet the way this one is going.
    Thanks so much for the award! I am so chuffed.
    Thanks for the inspiration and energy you give to all of us out here in the bloggy world, and for those who know you personally.
    You ...no you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete