Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Friendship Shoes...

My blog has been lacking the Christmas cheer people and I have a confession to make. I haven't even started on my handmade Christmas present list.
OH MY GOLLY...

There is A LOT going on for Team MooBear and focusing is just not happening.
Don't get me wrong, I have still been crafting and busy making things but sometimes there are people in my world who I need to make more personal things for which take up more time.

So I bought these shoes from the treasure shop for $8 a while a ago. My plan was to use them to practice my comic book shoe method on them as they are a little too big for me.

Instead I decided to make something super special for one of my most devoted friends and supporters of MooBear, Over It and well, just me in general really, Litsa Girl. We became friends when her son and Moo were in the same Kindy class. Both Moo and I were new to the local school and we didn't know anyone. Litsa was there and we started talking and that's where the story started. 4 years on and we have become super close... She is my 'go to' girl. If I need something guaranteed she has it... even a hug!!

Litsa says I inspire her so much but really she is the one who inspires me but she doesn't know this (she will now). Everything she wears is perfectly coordinated from the out fit to all her accessories... earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets, handbag, umbrella (when needed) shoes... even her hair ties. She is just a wonderful breath of colour and love.

After she asked me to maker her a Denim Clutch I had hardly any material left but sometimes all you need is a little with some extra and the focus and drive to create something so special for someone deserving...

Litsa Girl these are for you!! Merry Christmas....

I used Carlos' old black work shirt, denim scraps and the left over black and white fabric Litsa loved...



These shoe's now match her new Denim Clutch and Brooch...

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous transformation! Be my friend now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! check those out - they are pretty funky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous thing to do for your go-to girl Steph. You are very lucky (as is she)... we all need a go-to girl or two in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DIVINE!!! You are such a great friend!! I have been doing a little bit..but really need to work FASTER if I am going to get things done before Christmas!! But I have been so tired lately...falling asleep on the sofa at 8pm...just like my momma!!! UGH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came over from Wardrobe Refashion to see how you did the shoes. You are awesome! I love them.

    ReplyDelete