Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Creative Space...

Well My Creative Space this week has been busy getting ready for the markets and attempting to restore some sense of order in our home. Nearing the end of school we tend to go on holidays before school has actually finished for the year.
Does anyone else have that problem?

So I have been making paper. This time the kids were too busy playing in the cool water of the big blue shells (you know the ones I mean!? Water in one side, sand in the other!) to help me which was ok considering Bubble is now old enough to get in and help too...

The kids and I have been collecting paper and ripping it up. Time to soak it ready to blend...

Once I showed Bubble how to ripped the paper she didn't want to stop. Although I think she had more fun emptying the box this time round.

Check this retro blender out!! Carlos broke my blender a while back making soup.
Grrr...
I asked my Dad if I could use his but he forgot the lid.
Grrr...
I was getting frustrated with no way of blending my paper.Meaning I would have no business cards for the markets.
Grrr...
Ran into Litsa my 'Go To' girl and voila a blender.
Woot Woot...
This blender is magnificent and hums when it pulps...

Pulped paper.
I could play with this all day long. It's so raw and gritty and lovely and yummy (no I didn't eat it... not this time anyway.)

The end product is 100% handmade, recycled paper and business cards.

So there you have it! Check more wonderfully, creative spaces over at Kootoyoo for the last time this year. I can't wait to play again in 2010...

7 comments:

  1. cool business cards, that is what i should be doing with all my left-over book pages! when i get a new blender maybe i'll give it a go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I think I made paper when I was at school - must add it to my list of things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive. I really like the coloured specs through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making paper can be tricky... you guys make it look super easy. But I guess maybe that's because you have so many helpers!

    ReplyDelete