Monday, December 14, 2009

KISS THIS!!!

BE WARNED THIS POST IS PICTURE HEAVY... BUT VERY WORTH IT!!

We have wanted to do this for a while and finally Sunday was the day!!
Things have just been really full on and busy so we decided we needed to do something fun with our family. After a morning trip to Kmart for supplies we had everything we needed to Rock'n'Roll. The kids all got their Tee's and patiently waited their turn...

We purchased face paint and metallic face crayons. Something unexpected were the KISS figurines which were $5 each. We printed off some reference material and set to work...

Bear was first...

Star Child is born... (note the figurines).

Moo's next...

The Cat has arrived...

Bubble wanted in on the action but would only stay still long enough for a cheek star...

The Demon.

The Spaceman was the last to arrive...

The band is complete and ready to Rock and Roll All Night... or in this case afternoon!!

Check us out!! Don't we just look like KISS!! I think I did an awesome job with our costumes... hehe.





After we finished taking photos it was time to get down to business and Rock out to some Kiss tracks on Guitar Hero.

Bubble familiarised herself with the band while we picked up our instruments.

Star Child on lead vocals (note the figurines).

The Demon on Bass Guitar...

The Cat on Drums...

The power of love and awesome parentingness.

But it didn't stop there. We all took a walk down to our local video store as we were... We turned heads, made people smile and had a big laugh with some of our close friends who we surprised at work...


I am sure if KISS had to choose a DVD it wouldn't be Hanna Montana... Do You?

This day was just what our family needed. We had an absolute ball with our children and they will NEVER forget this day. It was priceless and I can't wait to do another themed Family Day... some ideas people have suggested are Star Wars, Village People, ABBA and Adams Family... If you have any ideas we would love to hear them.

You never know where your kids interests are going to take you. I certainly learnt more about KISS in one day than I had in my life. Children learn by doing and it was just a natural thing for us to follow.

3 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness! what fun! I loooove dressing up so two thumbs up from me. you guys did such a great job - i wish i was part of it :)
    i think next your family should go on Safari!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Steph. I think I just wet my pants laughing. But I'm not sure at what... that you guys did this, that you have KISS figureines, at the photo of Bear singing, that you went out in public, that the Cat chose Hannah Montana or that you have another day in planning...??? Hang on, I think I am laughing at all that!! Can't believe you guys did this... hang on, yes I can.

    As you said, this day will go down in Robles Family History. One day it may even be spoken of as a legend.... Surely that didn't really happen...!!!

    ReplyDelete