Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Creative Space...

My Creative Space is nice and calming and relaxing.

No more banners. No more buntings.

I can't remember the last time I sat down and read a book. Yesterday I finished reading Kingdom Of The Golden Dragon by Isabel Allende which follows on from City of the Beasts. Both these books took me on a journey I never expected. The funny thing is that I bought both these books for Carlos to read back in 2004 but instead I ended up reading them. Now I am on the hunt for more of her books.

I have also started reading some of the short stories in Festive Fear. My wonderful friend Amanda is one of the contributing authors which is very exciting. I read her story 'A Creature Was Stirring' and I now have a new found fear. It is filled with horror stories based on an Australian Christmas.

These short stories are not Paul Kennings kinda stories. These totally freak you out and have your heart racing to keep up with what's going on. I am hoping to read some more tonight and have been told of 2 great scary reads within the pages of Festive Fear... We are so lucky to have other creatives around us. It is truly a wonderful thing to be creative.

Carlos also suggested I read One Hundred Years Of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez seeings as I enjoyed the last 2 books so I am looking forward to reading another story which will take me on another exciting journey.

What's the glass jar for? No idea!! I am thinking buttons or beads.

The giant Ecuador mug is for my afternoon coffee. Carlos' Dad bought it back from Ecuador a few months back along with all sorts of other goodies!! I can't wait to visit Carlos' side of the family... They have only seen the kids and I in photos and I managed to have a chat with one of our cousins on Facebook which only made my heart melt and want to fly over there right away... Fingers crossed the universe wants us over there too!!!

For more Creative Spaces head over and see Kirsty's list of wonders.

4 comments:

  1. I hope that the universe wants you there. How fabulous would that be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for pictures of books on blogs that have nothing at all to do with freaking twilight!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a trip to Equador would be an amazing adventure, all your own. I must admit, I'm rather partial to a scary story or two myself *BOO*. (You're pretty scared now, right ?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thanks Steph! Glad the book is giving you the heebie-jeebies - our work here is done!I'm also guessing no one will be sitting on *that* Santa's knee!

    All hail Australian Small Press!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete