Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Creative Space...

My Creative Space is on fire people!!
I have been busy with my MooBear Banner and thanks to my little sister Sarah it is all complete! I was so thrilled with how it has come out that I made myself a matching Happy Scrappy Brooch. Sarah suggested the 3 buttons rather than just one. She certainly has a creative eye. So now I can match my banner and if I get lost at Allie's Attic Market's people will know where to return me too!!

Very smart thinking to match myself to my banner... or maybe crazy??!!

I have also discovered another way to recycle business cards. We changed our number so we have cards which we can't hand out anymore so I thought why not cover them in scrap fabric and turn them into brooches??!!

I am having too much fun... but I did get in trouble...BIG TROUBLE. Bear touched the hot glue for the second time while discussing what happened the last time he touched it. He ended up with another HUGE blister on his finger. He cried on and off all day the poor boy. So I have decided no hot glue gunning till both Bear and Bubble are asleep or they are out of the house with Carlos.

I have also added these to my giveaway so if you haven't entered go check out what other
up-cycled goodies you could win!!

This is my first ever button ring. I have 2 of these buttons which I picked up from the treasure shop and I thought they would make perfect accessories I even left the thread in the button from the previous garment to remind me that it has been around and has a few stories still to tell me.
The other is a brooch of course.

We have also complete our awesome new designs for MooBear Designs. Yesterday I was taking photo's of them with Moo and Bear so will be putting them in our shop soon...YAY!!

Head over to Kirsty's for more Creative Spaces

14 comments:

  1. The button ring is ace. I love that you've left the thread on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for the business cards. I'll remember that the next time I see b cards going to waste.
    I like what you did with the ring.
    Also I had a general look around your blog and I gotta say… Wow! You have one seriously creative rock star family. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I just love that red button ring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That button ring is the coolest thing! And I just love the idea of you matching yourself to your banner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you really are on fire this week - I feel slack after reading what you've been up to!! I absolutely love that ring - what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for the business cards. You are the upcycling queen Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That button ring is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks great! Love the red ring :) K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, I love that ring! What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah, creative overload, you go girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i absolutley love your ring - that is sooooo great. i have made some earings out of my button collection, and it pleases me to leave the thread in them too. it kinda shows their history.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The happy scrappy brooch is gorgeous, I almost love it as much as the one you gave me. I am also seriously in luuuurve with that button ring!!! Absolutely divine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. all gorgeous work. your poor bubba. i had a glue mishap this week with my cat. he was almost glued to my lap. narrow escape!

    ReplyDelete