Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Creative Space...

This week I thought I would show you HIS Creative Space. Carlos and I are partners in Business and in Life so it's only fair I show you behind the scenes of MooBear Designs and Analog Transmission.
His creative space is filled with music equipment, computers, record players, collectables, CD's, technical equipment I don't know the names for but look very impressive and much much more.

Carlos at work. Can you see the All Zipper Purse I made him?

Our children are welcome in the studio and are encouraged to play instruments. We have a box filled with all kinds of different musical toys.
Bubble and Bear like to play the key board.

This is Mono Moco (Spanish meaning Snot Monkey) He was the first sock monkey I ever made and he loves to sit on Carlos' speakers.

Technical equipment...

R2-D2 is right at home with our Star Wars crazed family!!

Bubble enjoy's playing my bongo's for Ernie.

There you have it folks. The behind the scenes edition to My Creative Space.

For more Creative Spaces head over to Kootoyoo

We Are Family

On a completely different note my Dad came down with my sister and extended family, from the Central Coast. We haven't seen them in 10 months... that's a long time!!
Bubble trying to figure out what the hair above Pop's lip is. Right before they left this afternoon Bubble actually said POP... how awesome is that??!!

Bubble trying to figure out what the hair above Pop's lip is.
Right before they left this afternoon Bubble actually said POP... how awesome is that??!! Pop was very excited.

This is my little sister Sarah. Although she now towers over me which is just a shock and a half. Even more exciting news...Sarah is coming back on Saturday to spend some of the School holidays with us YAY...

While Dad was here we got to talking about zippers, because he made the first All Zipper Purse for me when I was about 15 years old. I was showing him all these large purple zippers I have tucked away and we came up with a plan to turn them into a pretty awesome bag. My Dad and I just get craft. He was throwing out all these ideas and my brain was being filled to the brim with crafty goodness.

I love that my Dad encourages me to turn old into new and is able to be actively involved in my work when he comes down to visit. It makes a change from fixing something that is wrong with the house hehe.

While you're here call past our GIVEAWAY to win an up-cycled creation of your choosing!!

7 comments:

  1. I love a child friendly creative space. It's ace that you were so encouraged in your creativity and now you encourage your littlies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post. I feel like I really have had a look in your world! I Love that your kids are so very involved in all that you (both) do. It is so important - I am so jealous of the level of musical influence in your home. Peta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creative space is amazing..."technical equipment I don't know the names for but look very impressive". I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Steph. I love the little sneak peaks into people's lives. Carlos' space looks very familiar to my Mr's space... as does kids on musical equipment! I think it is a great to grow up surrounded by the things that your parents love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome post and what a supremely happy and creative environment your little ones are growing up in! Carlos' stuff kinda freaks me out - I mean what does it all do??!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thank you for sharing all of your creative spaces with us!! It makes knowing you so much....well MORE!!! And you SO ROCK!! :) Your sweet Sarah resembles her big sis so much, and I see tinges of Moo in her!! How great that she is coming to spend some time...I bet Moo is CRAZY HAPPY too!
    On a side note, I tried to Listen to Transmissions, but I kept getting an error on page, is anyone else getting this...or just me???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wanted to learn the piano, but alas, it was not meant to be. So instead I amuse myself by playing on any keyboard I can get my hands on. What an excellent creative space.

    ReplyDelete