Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Guest Blogger Sarah...

Hi, I'm Steph's little sister, Sarah. I'm only here on a visit, which is awesome considering I haven't stayed with the Moobear Team for quite some time. When Steph asked me to be a guest blogger, I was all for helping out, my problem was, I had no idea where to start or what to blog about, I was a little freaked out by the prospect of making an online fool of myself, but after completing the Moobear banner, I became excited.

Yesterday, Steph asked me to help out with the Moobear banner which they are using for Allie's Attic Markets, and since I haven't been able to complete any creative tasks for a while, it was good to be back in an environment full of creativity.

After not doing anything crafty for over a year I'm really proud of my efforts with the Moobear banner, because the "M" was all I was able to do. Steph completed all the other letters, while I tackled the task of the "M." The banner itself is made from a recycled curtain and pieces of denim patched together to create the letters. It was a difficult task requiring plenty of patience, but totally worth the result.



Today we went to the park to take pictures of the banner and getting to see it completely finished and ready to use was great. Being able to help the Moobear team was awesome. I'm so proud of them and what they've accomplished.

Steph really inspires me whenever I see her and is able to bring out the creative side of me I tend to lack whenever I haven't seen her in a while. I am beyond proud of her and the Moobear team.


9 comments:

  1. Great job!! Sarah you did an AWESOME job on the M...Steph, fabulous as always! Enjoy your visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Sarah and the 'M' looks gorgeous! I love the fabrics that you all used. I can see the creativity runs in the family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that banner is fantastic! Wow you really took me seriously on the signage thing, Sarah you'll put my Craft Schmaft signage to shame at Allies Attic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see that creativity runs in the family and that you are keeping the recycled theme throughout. Well done Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very cool and very MooBear to use demin to make the letters. It looks awesome sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The banner looks excellent. Nothing like a team of sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah!! You guys did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome story - sisters are a powerful force.

    ReplyDelete