Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ben 10 Omnitrix Eat Your Heart Out!!

Bear wanted a Ben 10 watch. Of course he does. But we said he couldn't till he was 4 years old. He has been asking every morning if he is 4 yet and insists he is a big boy.
I have never watched a full episode of Ben 10 but it's about 10 year old boy who has a watch and can turn into an Alien...hmmm....

So we compromised!! Lets face it, I am not going all the way into Kmart to buy a piece of plastic when I can make him his very own. While he is 3 I can still get away with making him things so I did. When he is older I know I wont get away with it.

Why make one when I can make 3...

Nice and easy and he doesn't have to wait and keep asking... I am an awesome Mummy!! Kudos to me...hehe

All I used was a thick cardboard roll and cut it into the desired thickness.
I sewed on the green part to the black part using material from a black t-shirt and a green t-shirt.
My hot glue gun is my new found friend and we like each other a lot.
Velcro or elastic to secure...

This was my reference material... Bear did ask for buttons to push but I had to draw the line somewhere.

4 comments:

  1. Steph, now all ypu need to do is call it an 'omnitrix', and it's even better. Good job!
    Ally <'v'>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hot glue gun? Well, it's all in the family ain't it. Someday maybe I will give you back MY sander! nice one on the Ben 10, better for the environment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, aren't you clever! I love my glue gun too, anything is possible with a glue gun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very cool!!
    I'd say it's even better than the plastic manufactured one!

    ReplyDelete