Friday, September 4, 2009

Recipe Tag...

Okies here is the deal...
  • I post a recipe here and tag four people.
  • They choose an ingredient from my recipe and post a recipe using that ingredient on their blog, linking back to the previous blog that has posted the recipe.
  • They then tag four new people and we'll see how it goes.
  • To keep it exciting please post within a week of being tagged
A few things before I get started.
I chose an onion from Ally's recipe pumpkin and apple risotto

Firstly, I don't cook. Carlos is King Chef in our household and he is an awesome chef!!
We regularly eat traditional South American food which, if you ask anyone who has been to one of our BBQ's, is the most powerful taste explosion they have encountered and they always come back for 2nds.
I have learnt and perfected how to make a dish called Aji (Spanish for chilli) which you put over Asado (Spanish for bbq or grill). I can't give you the top secret marinade ingredients for the meat because I actually don't know it but it also goes great with any other grilled meat.
Tonight we are having this for dinner so it's the perfect opportunity to share it and take some photos.

Aji

2 lemons
3 tomatoes
1 onion
1 bunch corriander
2 small chill's (remove for those of you who are not used to the awesomeness of chili)
salt and pepper
bowl
olive oil

Method
Squeeze both lemons into the bowl.
Dice the tomatoes and put them in the bowl.
Slice the onion and put into the bowl.
Chop the coriander and put into the cup... hehe not really put them in the bowl too!!
Chop the chilli's finely and put into the bowl.
Add pepper to taste.
Add salt to taste (lots and lots as it off sets the lemon juice)
Add a dash of olive oil.

NOW... let it sit for at least an hour to take on the awesomeness flavours!!!

If you are brave enough to make this I would love to hear how you went.

Hopefully I have played this correctly...Ok so I tag Brenda, Nikki, Claire and Sophie

6 comments:

  1. sounds good Stephanie (the recipe anf the game). It's gonna be tricky for me tho coz my kids don't really eat anything....but I am up for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaaaaah!! You had me up all night wondering what I could make.....I've decided on lemon meringue cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just the thing... and your Aji looks deeeelicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool game - sorry if I'm a little behind but have been away. Will get out the cook books tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Head on over to check out my Vegetarian Meatloaf....

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK so my recipe is running late but I do promise I'm onto it. We had a few ginger dramas this evening so it's gonna have to be tomorrow or Friday. Great game Steph, love the Aji!

    ReplyDelete