Saturday, July 11, 2009

Moo's First Band Concert...

Moo is in the school training band and she plays the baritone tuba... I know how crazy is that. They actually nominated her to play the full size tuba but we don't drive to school and sometimes I take all 3 on the walk to school... so could you imagine me pushing a double pram (Phil and Ted's hehe) to school with a tuba on my back with Moo in toe?

...Hell No...

So we spoke to her music teacher and we agreed on the baritone instead. She attended her first concert ever on Thursday which parents were NOT aloud to attend. Moo was extremely emotional that morning. We spoke about turning her nervous energy into good energy and that everyone one of her band friends felt exactly the same way but in the end mum and not being there was the biggest hurdle.
When we arrived at school her face looked scared and she looked like she was about to cry. The bell rang and she came over for her good bye kiss and cuddle only this time she didn't let go. In that moment I had a thought.

'Let Moo wear my Lighthouse/Rock pendent from Lovestamp!'

She understands what the words mean to Carlos and she knew it is very special. I took it off and put it around her neck. I told her even though we couldn't be there that she had my special necklace to give her strength when she was scared or worried.

Well something worked because the training band come first in the competition. Moo was so excited when I picked her up. It was the icing on the cake really!!

Necklace... Award... Tuba...

3 comments:

  1. Way Moo!!! Well Done.
    Ally and the girls. <'v'>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That's awesome Moo!!
    And good thinking on your part Steph! Not just a pretty face LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're excellent Steph. For lots of reasons.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete