Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bear's New Jeans...

Bear with me while I thank the people who helped bring these pants into being. Cam from Curly Pops was wonderful enough to send me a pattern for these pants which I had originally seen here on her blog. I also asked you, my follows what I could make with the dinosaur curtain and I had some fantastic feed back. Nikki from My Black Cardigan suggested this tutorial by Dana for inspiration...

You still with me??

Last month I was also lucky enough to win Red Seed Studio fabric from Ellie's giveaway on her blog Petal Plum. This also included some of her popular design scraps and you know how much I treasure off cuts and scraps.

Put it all together and what do you get? A wicked pair of one of a kind jeans.

Made from a size L jeans. I finished making them when Bear was asleep and literally took the photo after he woke up and came down stairs...
Carlos calls them his mini rave pants because they flare at the bottom... I am also making a pair for Bubble!
Thanks Nikki, Cam, Ellie and Dana...

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo they're fantastic! He's going to be the coolest dude on the block with those flares.
    I love the funky knee patches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are cute.
    Isn't it great when you cut fabric and use it in an unexpected way - the shapes and designs change their mood and feel.
    I hope Bear gets lots of wear from these trendy rave pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW STEPH! They are soooo cool. You've done such a great job. How kind of Cam to send her funky pattern and the Red Seed Studio fabric is perfect. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the links! I love the pants, and see making some in my near future! Love that Red Seed Studio fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for leaving such a lovely comment on Jo's giveaway about our art work - we really appreciate it and its so nice to find a new blog to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so great to meet you today, you have a really lovely blog. I LOVE these jeans, too cute!

    ReplyDelete