Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Scrappy Brooch Tutorial


I have made so many Scrappy Brooches.
Big
Small
Round
Triangular...
The possibilities are endless and they are great when using up the last of your fabric pieces. This tutorial is for the little ones that I make for my friends. When I make them I feel Happy and when I give them my friends feel Happy.

For this brooch you will need:
6 squares about 6 x 6cm. The bigger you make them the bigger the brooch.
A button.
A small brooch back.

Step 1. Take your first square and fold it in half to make a triangle.

Step 2. Continue to fold the squares into triangles lining them up in a windmill pattern keeping hold of the centre.

Step 3. Move the pieces around a bit till you are happy with the positioning then sew around the centre either by hand or machine.

Step 4. Sew on button and brooch backing and your done!! Wear it on your shirt, shoes, scarf, hat... the list is endless...

Here are some ideas for inspiration
....

Small Triangle Happy Scrappy Brooches

Big Triangle Happy Scrappy Brooch

Medium Round Happy Scrappy Brooch

Medium Round Happy Scrappy Brooch.

Big Triangular Happy Scrappy Brooch.

Have a Happy Scrappy Day!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey I love this Steph. Next time I'm sewing something I'll make one. After all, I am a brooch addict :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to give this a try - I've never made a brooch before but I'm always admiring them on other people. This looks very doable, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this looks fab :-) I help with a monthly craft group, we get together and make something each time, and this would be a great something to make - would that be OK with you please? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the one that you made me so much I'm going to make some more! Great tutorial Steph, thank you!

    ReplyDelete